Blog Archive

Thursday, November 14, 2024

Errata: On the Relationship Between Connectedness of Spectrum and Idempotents

In Commutative Algebra and Algebraic Geometry (4) Zariski topology on affine scheme we discuss a lots of topology prop

In Commutative Algebra and Algebraic Geometry (4): Zariski topology on affine scheme we discuss a lots of topology property of Spec(A) and the relationship with the algebraic property of A.

Errata: This part is wrong, we need the condition that A is reduced, or we need to say that A/(0)≅A1×A2.

image-20241114232138092

Proposition.Let A be a commutative ring, then Spec(A)​ is disconnected if and only if there exists some nontrivial idempotent elements in A/(0).

Lemma.

Let x∈Spec(A), and for f∈A such that f2=f, f(x) is either equal to 1 or 0.

Proof.

Since f2(x)=f(x)∈A/px, whcih is an integral domain. Hence

(1)f2(x)=f(x)⟺f2(x)−f(x)=0⟺f(x)(f(x)−1)=0⟹f(x)=0∨f(x)−1=0◻

Lemma.

Let f∈A satisfies that f2=f, then (1−f)2=1+f−2f=1−f.

Lemma. f(x)=0⟺(1−f)(x)=1.

Proof of the proposition.

Let f2=f,f≠0,f≠1

By f(x)=0⟺(1−f)(x)=1 we see that V(f)=D(1−f), hence D(f)=V(1−f).

Hence D(1−f)=Spec(A)−D(f). Hence Spec(A)=D(f)∪D(1−f), it is disconnected.

Conversely, let Spec(A)=V(I)∪V(J) such that V(I)∩V(J)=V(I+J)=∅,

then V(I+J)=V(1),I(V(I+J))=I+J=A⟹I+J=A. Hence I and J are coprime.

Also, I(Spec(A))=I(V(I)∪V(J))=IV(I)∩IV(J)=I∩(J)=I∩J=(0).

WLOG, assume that I,J are radical ideals, then

(2)A/(0)≅A/I×A/J

Hence (1,0) is idempotent in A/(0). ◻

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts