Blog Archive

Friday, June 30, 2023

Semi-direct product and linear function

Declaration

The connection between semi-direct product and linear function is observed by my friend 王进一(Jinyi Wang)

If you can read Chinese characters, just read 半直积与一次函数 - 单纯猫的文章 - 知乎 https://zhuanlan.zhihu.com/p/362094211

H⋊K is a little bit confused concept.

I am writing this Blog because I think it is a natural way to consider it ⋊, and I think this idea should be awarded to much more people.

And I also reference 李文威 《代数学方法》卷一

Linear Function and semi-direct product

As a set, H⋊K is isomorphic to H×K

And the operator is (h1,k1)(h2,k2)=(h1α(k1)⋅h2,k1k2)

α:=K↦Aut(H), Thus α(k1)⋅h2∈H

I wouldn't say I like the representation since it is weird.

But, what if we consider f(x)=B+Ax?

Let us go back to the linear function f:=R→R first.

For f(x)=B+Ax, A is a automorphism for (R,+)

Observe that (B,A)⟼B+Ax is an isomorphism in Set

And if we have f(x)=B+Ax,g(x)=D+Cx

f∘g(x)=B+(A(D+Cx))=B+(AD+ACx)=(B+AD)+ACx

The identity is 1(x)=x since f∘1=f=1∘f

f−1(x)=A−1(−B)+A−1x since f∘f−1(x)=x=f−1∘f

See, y=kx+b is a kind of R⋊R

If we represent the element of H⋊K as h+k⋅x, + is the operator in H, but we do not need H∈Ab

then we will feel much more familiar with it!

After understanding the operator in H⋊K

We need to consider the relation between H,K,H⋊K

Consider the monomorphism τh:=h⟼h+x,ρk:=k⟼k⋅x

τh1∘τh2=h1+(h2+x)=(h1+h2)+x=τh1+h2

ρk1∘ρk2=k1⋅(k2⋅x)=ρk1k2

Then we can view H,K as subgroups of H⋊K

And I guess readers already observe that ⋊ looks like ◃

That is because H◃H⋊K

since (h+x)∘(b+k⋅x)∘(h+x)−1=(h+b+k⋅x)∘(−h+x)=b+k⋅x,

Example. D2n≅Z/nZ⋊Z/2Z

Define automorphism α:Z/2Z→Aut(Z/nZ)

0⟼id,1⟼(x↦−x)

τ∘r∘τ=−r since (α(1)⋅x)∘(n+α(0)⋅x)∘(α(1)⋅x)=(−x)∘(n+x)∘(−x)=(−n+x)

Example.SE(2)

The group of rigid motions SE(2)≅R2⋊SO(2)

Since the rigid motion can be decomposition into translation and rotation

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts