Blog Archive

Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Möbius inversion (1)Ring on locally finite partial order set

I learn this from 《代数学方法-基础架构》李文威

You can download this book from his page 书籍 (wwli.asia)

Locally finite partial order set

Definition: Consider a no empty partial order set (P,≤), ∀x≤y,[x,y]:={z∈P,x≤z≤y} is finite, then we call it a locally finite partial order set.

Example 1.1

(N,≤),(N,|) are the classic example, easy to see that is locally finite. But (Q,≤) is not

Ring on the locally finite partial order set

We can define a ring (I,(P,≤),+,⋆)on locally finite (P,≤)

♢ The element of this ring is all the functions f:{(x,y)∈P2:x≤y}→Q

♢ Define (f+g)(x,y)=f(x,y)+g(x,y)

♢ Define (f⋆g)(x,y)=∑z:x≤z≤yf(x,z)g(z,y)

♢ Define 1 in this ring as δ(x,y)={1,x=y0,x≠y

♢Easy to check that (I,+) is an Abelian Group

To see (I,(P,≤),+,⋆) is a ring

According to P is locally finite, ⋆ is well-defined

♢ ⋆ is associative

View (f⋆g)(x,y) as cij in Matrix, cij=∑k=1naikbkj

That is, (f⋆g)(x,y)=cxy=∑z=1naxzbzy

We know that (M1M2)M3=M1(M2M3)

Thus (f⋆g)⋆h=f⋆(g⋆h)

♢ δ⋆f=f⋆δ=f

δ⋆f=∑z∈[x,y]δ(x,z)f(z,y)=δ(x,x)f(x,y)=f(x,y)

f⋆δ=∑z∈[x,y]f(x,z)δ(z,y)=f(x,y)δ(y,y)=f(x,y)

♢ f⋆(g+h)=f⋆g+f⋆h,(g+h)⋆f=g⋆f+h⋆f

Similarly, consider the distributive law for matrix.

The dual partial order and the opposite ring

We know that (P,≤) is a locally finite partial order set if and only if (P,≥) is locally finite.

And we have (I,(P,≥),+,∗)=(I,(P,≤),+,⋆)op

x≤y⇔y≥x

Thus in (I,(P,≥)),(g∗f)(y,x)=∑z:y≥z≥xg(y,z)f(z,x)=(f⋆g)(x,y)

Lemma 1

For locally finite (P,≤), ∀f∈(I,(P,≤)), those statements are equivalent

♢ f have a left inverse

♢ ∀x∈P,f(x,x)≠0

♢ f have a right inverse

Proof.

1⇒2

Let g⋆f=δ

(g⋆f)(x,y)=∑z∈[x,y]g(x,z)f(z,y)=δ(x,y)

Thus g(x,x)f(x,x)=1

Therefore ∀x,f(x,x)≠0

2⇒1

Expand g⋆f=δ

g(x,y)f(y,y)=−∑x≤z<yg(x,z)f(z,y) x,y∈P,x<y

Since ∀x∈P,f(x,x)≠0, g(x,y) is defined uniquely

g(y,y)=1f(y,y),g(x,y)=−∑x≤z<yg(x,z)f(z,y)f(y,y)

1⇔3

f have right inverse in (I,(P,≤)) if and only if f have left inverse in (I,(P,≥))

For locally finite Poset, define ζ=ζp∈(I,(P,≤),+,⋆),∀x≤y,ζ(x,y)=1

Then define Möbius function μ:=ζ−1

If we expand μ⋆ζ=δ=ζ⋆μ, then we will get ∑z∈[x,y]μ(x,z)=δ=∑z∈[x,y]μ(z,y)

Proposition. Möbius inversion

Lemma 2.

Define g∈(I,(P,≤),+,⋆):=f⋆ζ

Thus g⋆μ=(f⋆ζ)⋆μ=f⋆(ζ⋆μ)=f⋆δ=f

Consider Abelian Group (A,+), Let (P,≤) satisfied with ∀x,{y∈P:y≤x} is finite.

And denote the least element as 0,∀x∈P,0≤x, if (P,≤) have no least element, then add 0

Denote ∀f∈I,f(0,x):=f(x)

Then define g(x)=f⋆ζ=∑z≤xf(z)

According to Lemma 2

f=g⋆μ=∑z≤xg(z)μ(z,x)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts